Sunday, August 7, 2011

juegos del mundooo!

Six times a year the volunteers put on Kermes, a carnival-type event for the kids. Yesterday was my first one! The theme was Juegos del Mundo or Games of the World. There were a handful of stations, with everything from a three-legged race to a dueling station to Twister!

I worked Holland's station with Regine and Yvonne. We dressed up to look like the flag and played Spijkerpoepen (pronounced spiker-poopin' haha) with the kids! It was a game in which you had string tied around your waist with a nail dangling from the back like a tail. The objective was then to get your nail in the bottle first. It was quite the sight as kids squatted and bended over backwards as they tried to beat their opponent. Not gonna lie, I even played a few times against my students. Is it any surprise that I won? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment