Sunday, July 1, 2012

"está saliendo sangre del gusano!"

What do dirt cups, Popeye the Sailor Man, and 18 little boys have in common? They all came together for my despedida!
 
Typically, each volunteer has a send-off in his or her section before the year is over. Mine took place this morning. Don't ask me how, but a few weeks ago I came up with the idea of dirt cups. Pretending to eat mud, dirt, and worms with 9-11 year olds? Perfect! I started with that. And, let me tell you, they ate it up (ha.. ha.. get it?). At first they didn't believe me when I told them we were gonna be diggin' in to dirt and worms, but then they figured it out. They loved pretending to kill the worms with every bite.
After that, we watched some Popeye en español. I then handed out their individualized photo albums. Each of them just HAD to show me the picture of him and I (as if I didn't put it in there myself haha). Al final, we headed outside for a hillside photo shoot. Cue bunny ears and funny faces, and we were set!

No comments:

Post a Comment