Sunday, July 8, 2012

the forgotten post.

Here's a post I had written at least six months back, but never got around to posting..

Earlier this week, I went down to my section. Typically I bring a book with me to read a bedtime story. But seeing as I was running around all afternoon, I spaced. Luckily the tía of the section saved my bum by whipping one out of the closet titled, "Winnie the Pooh's Encyclopedia of Insects." My twelve boys and I were literally dog-piled on top of one another as we flipped from page to page learning about bees, spiders, and centipedes galore! After reading about the number of legs this one has, the appetite of that one, the wingspan of the other one, two boys had an idea. Chris and Tony took me by the hand as we ran down the hall. We stopped at the showers and looked up. "Look Kristina, look!" I followed Chris' pointed finger to find.. teleranas! Spiderwebs! And lots of them! The excited expression on each of their faces was priceless. "Look at this one!" "There's one in that corner!" "This one even has a spider on it!" Watching them connect things we had read to real life quickly put a huge smile on my face.

These boys don't even know sometimes.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment