Friday, July 15, 2011

a day in the life.

Curious about what a librarian/English teacher's day looks like? Glad you asked.

Typical day:
8:00 hit the books! (aka the library)
8:10 read to cutey Montessori kids during library time
9:00 5th grade teacher sits down with me to plan next visit
10:00 teach English to my 16-19 year olds!
11:00 recreo (or recess, in which the kids can read/color/play board games)
11:30 word scramble activity with 2nd graders
12:30 downtime to organize books, make copies, plan next English lesson, look official :)
1:30 lunch break!
2:30 time for kids to check out books, research homework topics, borrow encyclopedias, ask you how to say words in English, ask you for the soccer section of the newspaper, etc.
5:30 until tomorrow, library!

I really enjoy my position. At least once a week I see Montessori kids all the way up to the equivalent of 5th graders when they have library time. Then I have my high schoolers for English. Then anyone can come in from the 2:30-5:30 time. Aka I get to interact with sooo many kids! I guess there actually was a reason behind me wanting to be a librarian when I was a 1st grader :)

No comments:

Post a Comment