Tuesday, July 26, 2011

papa americano.

This weekend I got my American on for a couple different reasons..

Reason #1
We received an invite from volunteer coordinator Erika and hubbie Sandro to have dinner at their house. You'd be silly to say no to a couple so incredible in the kitchen (remember that cake I blogged about earlier? Ya, Sandro's work). They served a savory veggie lasagna followed by ice cream with Toblerone chocolate sauce on top. Plus, the appetizer was chips and THE BEST guacamole of my life. Even though they're from Switzerland, I classify this as American because I ate American-sized portions :)

Reason #2
We went for a stunning hike. One that even rivaled those back home in Phoenix. It took us up into the hills and through a itty-bitty town called Corrales. Every so often I just had to turn back and catch the beautiful view into the valley.

Reason #3
We had ourselves a fogato! What's that you ask? Why a bonfire. Complete with s'mores. Mark, Sam, Erika, and myself were the instigators (we also happen to be the token 22 year old college graduates from the states). I'm still pretty impressed with our ability to find chocolate, graham crackers, AND marshmallows at the local grocery store.

Reason #4
Lunch with Conor Mahoney! Conor is a good friend from college who just so happens to be studying at a language school a few towns away. This weekend he passed through Antigua, which is about a 30 minute bus ride from NPH. Of course we took advantage of the opportunity to reunirnos by grabbing lunch and catching up. It was so great to see you bud!

No comments:

Post a Comment