Sunday, July 17, 2011

it's the turning of a new page!

And no, I didn't title this post based solely on the fact that I'm a librarian :)

This weekend marked a few things. We finished the two weeks of orientation. That means tomorrow is my first official day sola! Wahoo! I'm really excited to get the ball rolling.

We also finished our time in the visitor house. We were temporarily living there while we overlapped with the former volunteers. Seeing as they all left this weekend (que les vaya bien a todos!), it meant the houses were vacant. So we moved in! It is very exciting and I can't wait to post pictures muy prontito. We chose to move in today, although in hindsight, conditions could have been better. Yesterday was sunshine-y great, and today was the perfect stay-inside-with-a-hot-cup-of-tea kind of day. In between bursts of rain, I would fly down the three flights of outdoor stairs with my luggage. A little drenched, all of my belongings and I finally made it into the house. Then the lights went out. I attempted to unpack in the dark. Don't worry, the lights came back on just as I finished haha. All in all, I am just so excited to now have a space to call my own! My roomie is European sweetheart Hannah, who has been here for 6 months as a physical therapist. We live in Casa Seis with 6 other girls. Altogether we are from Guatemala, the states, Germany, Italy, and Austria! What a mixture, right? I'm excited for roomie dinners, movie nights, and dance parties galore!

1 comment: